Thursday, April 15, 2010

America’s Run 5k – FINISHED

Posted by Hope at 9:58 AM

On Sunday, Kaleb and I ran the America’s Run 5k at the new Cowboys Stadium.

Race

We had to get up early to make the hour long drive to get there, but it was worth it! All finishers of the 5k got a medal!  My first race bling!!!

bling

This was only my second 5k.  Oh my goodness there were ALOT of runners!

racers

Towards the end, you enter the tunnel into the stadium,

intotunnel

I texted Rik to let him know I was almost there to watch for me.  Spectators were not allowed on the field, only in the stands.  They showed the finish on the HUGE jumbotron!  Here is the text I sent Rik, it wasn’t until yesterday when I looked at it again I realized what I said.  I meant to say I am turning into the stadium… but what I sent was much more realistic !  LOL

text 

The race ended on the Cowboy’s field at the 50 yard line!

finishline

Here I am waving after I finished. Yes I am on my phone!!

racewave

We saw Jay from Jay’s Bootcamp there, and got to take a picture with him!

mejay

It was a great race, I wish I would have trained more before, but it was awesome to run on the Cowboys field.

stadium

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Crazy Busy Life Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei