Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Missing the base life

Posted by Hope at 1:06 PM

I had someone ask me today what my husband does.  I told them he was in the Navy … and they asked me if I was sure ????  WHAT? REALLY?  Do they think I don’t know what where my husband works?

 

Here is the problem. We are stationed NOWHERE near water!  Nor near a base at all !  Why do people think the Navy is ONLY ships?

 

 

Well, we have been here for over a year now and although we are still active duty, the closest base is an hour away.  I really miss living on base.  Here are some of the reasons I miss it.

·         The “family” feeling

·         Going to the bowling alley (cheap bowling)

·         Going to the movie (cheap)

·         Commissary !!!

·         People understanding (somewhat) the military life

 

I am sure there are a lot more reasons, but I can’t think of any at the moment.

 

 

 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Crazy Busy Life Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei