Monday, February 01, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/1-2/7

Posted by Hope at 8:10 AM


I spent a bit of time on Friday and created my menu for the entire month of February !  I was soo proud of myself, and shocked at how easy it was.  I had a list of things I wanted to make and knew I needed  Crock Pot meal on Mondays due to meetings in the evenings.  I also had one "YoYo" night a week and we have pizza on Fridays (either frozen, homemade or delivered).  I used Google Calendar because my ical is full already of everything else, so using Google was a lot easier.  I even put the points with each menu item on my calendar.  I copied and pasted the recipe in the details, so I can print an "agenda" and it shows all the ingredients and recipe!  AWESOME!!!


Monday
** recipe from www.chubbiechica.com**

Crocked Pineapple Chicken
Serves 6 @ 4 pts


Ingredients:
6 whole chicken breast halves without skin -- skinned and split
1 dash pepper
To taste paprika
20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice -- 1 can tidbits
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic -- minced

Prep:
Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. In a small bowl, combine drained pineapple tidbits, mustard and soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.


Tuesday


Pork Chops with Apples =5
Green Beans


Pork Chops with Apples
Serves 6 @5 pts
6 boneless pork loin chops
1T. Olive oil
2 apples, cored and sliced
1 clove garlic, whole
1/4cup dry white wine
1/3cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in large skillet. Add chops and garlic and brown well on both sides. Push the chops to the side and add the apples in one layer. Cook about 15 minutes, turning frequently. Remove chops and apples to warm serving dish. Pour fat from skillet. Add wine, stirring to dissolve browned particles. Add broth and simmer to a sauce-like consistency. Discard garlic. Pour sauce over chops and apples.


Wednesday
YOYO (aka Your On Your Own)

Thursday



Chicken & Dumplings


Friday


Pizza


Saturday


Out to Eat !


Saturday
** i don't remember if this was out of my WW magazine or from Chubbie Chica**
 


Lime Garlic Chicken
WW Points = 5
INGREDIENTS:

1 (1 1/2 lb)package bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
1/4cupfresh lime juice
1 1/2cupschicken broth
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup uncooked instant rice
chopped fresh parsley (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Place chicken in 3-4 quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients except rice and parsley.
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
During last 15 minutes, stir in rice.
Remove chicken from crock pot.
Place rice on each serving plate.Top with chicken.Spoon remaining juices over top and garnish with parsley.









0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Crazy Busy Life Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei